Wednesday, June 16, 2010

IIII Want Candy!!

Ever since I can remember I have been a sugar-a-holic! I would take sugary sweet candy over chocolate any day...well, except for maybe today. That Snickers bar that has been melting and re-solidifying in my bag was AH-mazing! Anywho, I am incorporating gummy candy into my wedding by having a Candy Shop favor bar (more on that later!).

What better way to bring candy full circle than incorporating it in with my bridesmaid's accessories? How about CANDY bracelets?? I even used the ribbon from the shoes to tie it all together!

Here's what I did:
I went to Party City (howww have I never been introduced to that place until now?!) and bought enough bracelets for each bridesmaid to have 3. Truthfully, I bought necklaces because the dang bracelets had watch faces on them, not cool! So, I cut them all down into bracelet size:

Next, Hannah and I made little bows to tie in the polka-dot theme. We just folded over two ends of ribbon (that way the little tails don't get in the way!), and then hot-glued a little ribbon to add some color and hold the two ends together.

I then took 3 bracelets and wrapped the same yellow ribbon around, gluing it to hold the 3 bracelets together. Then, we glued the bow to the top to create only the cutest little candy bracelets ever created!!


I made smaller ones for the flower girls too! Hopefully they can wait til the ceremony and pictures are over until they eat them!!

1 comment:

SGRMSE. said...

whoooo-hoo! CANDY BRACELETS!!

*manic sugar rush eyes & grin*

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D